For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat…Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.
(Matthew 25:35a, 40)
Every day, an estimated 8,000 children under the age of 5 die due to hunger-related causes. That’s almost one child every 10 seconds! *
St. Michael’s mission is “to be a beacon of God’s truth and love…by sharing in Christ’s work of reconciliation and healing in the world.” World Vision’s 30 Hour Famine is a way for our church community to do just that!
On February 27th and 28th SOUL Youth (and an estimated 200,00+ students from 11 countries) will participate in World Vision’s 30 Hour Famine. While fasting, participants compete in adventurous challenges, experience hands-on service projects, grow in relationship with their Saviour, and have FUN!
Through the funds raised through the 30 Hour Famine, World Vision is making a huge impact on thousands of lives:
- Emergency food supplies are distributed during disasters
- Farmers are taught improved techniques to grow healthier, more abundant crops and livestock.
- Access to clean water is provided.
As a church community we have an incredible opportunity to serve Christ as we serve others. The 30 Hour Famine is a SOUL Youth event, and it is also a parish-wide effort!
- Pray about how you may be personally called to partner with SOUL to help transform lives and eradicate hunger.
- Donations of any amount are appreciated (consider that $35 will feed and care for a child for 1 month).
- Fast with us! Friday, February 27th (after lunch) through 5:30pm Saturday, February 28th.
- All are invited to “Break(the)fast” at the Saturday evening Eucharist (5:30pm). A celebratory potluck feast will follow in the Parish Hall.
- Please pray for our students and leaders!
* For more information visit www.30hourfamine.org.