St. Michael’s Children’s Ministry (KidMin) is dedicated to supporting the spiritual well-being of children and families. Its mission statement – Dwelling in His Love. Serving in His Church. – speaks to a focus on the transformative power of Christ in the lives of His children. KidMin partners with parents and caregivers in the leading of their children to the dwelling place of God’s love. Children are then equipped to serve His Church…and the world!
The Sunday morning experience at St. Michael’s is designed to fully integrate children into the spiritual life of the community:
- Christian formation is offered weekly during the program year for ALL children (nursery-high school) from 9:15-9:45 am. The curriculum offers liturgically-based, developmentally-appropriate materials that encourage children to nurture, explore, and deepen their faith.
- Bible stories, crafts and outdoor play for our more “active” members (nursery through pre-k) provide for fellowship and delight during the 10:00 am service.
- At Children’s Chapel, elementary-aged children are invited to participate in a special time of worship and learning. It is held in the historic Chapel during the 10:00 am Mass, starting at the beginning of the service. Children will return to the Church during the Offertory to enjoy the remainder of the service with their families.
- “Quiet Bags” and coloring pages are available for wiggle worms in the sanctuary.
- Intergenerational fellowship events take place throughout the year, providing numerous opportunities for our entire community to gather together to celebrate the life of the Church.
- The fourth Sunday of each month is Youth Sunday. Children and youth are invited to serve as greeters, ushers, and lay readers during the 10:00 am Mass.
Each Sunday morning we travel the same spiritual road together as a parish family. St. Michael’s Children’s Ministry invites your family to grow in your walk with Christ, find belonging in His Church, and discover your unique role in God’s mission.
To learn more about KidMin contact Children’s Minister Becky Gleason.
The program year starts Sunday, September 17th. Click here to register for Sunday School!
This article was written by Becky Gleason, Children’s Minister, and published in the Messenger Fall 2015 issue.