St. Michael’s Children’s Ministry and Parish have proudly been serving Vida Joven de México. Vida Joven is a loving orphanage for abandoned and abused children in Tijuana, Mexico. It is a life-changing place where desperate kids are cherished & empowered.
As a parish St. Michael’s supports Vida Joven in the following ways:
- Pray for the children and the staff.
- Meet any physical needs they may have.
- Support them with monetary donations.
- And visit and love them!
Take a Trip
Join the parish for a visit to Vida Joven! St. Michael’s Vida Joven visits occur three to four times per year. The group departs from St. John’s, Chula Vista, traveling in a passenger van across the border. From there, Vida Joven is a short 10-15 minute drive. The group spends the morning with the children and then returns home.
Email Wendy Belt for details on the next visit.
Important Trip Details:
- Spanish is NOT required.
- A valid passport or Global Entry/Sentri card is required.
- A donation of $10 per person ($20 per family) will help pay the van driver.
- Meet in the parking lot of St. John’s Episcopal Church (760 1st Ave, Chula Vista) by 9:00 am.
- We leave Vida Joven around 12:00 pm. Return time depends on border traffic.
- Bring a sack lunch or snack to eat in the van on our way back.
Watch a short video about this beautiful ministry below! (code: vida)